Physical education is an important part of the primary curriculum and one that provides unique challenges for those involved with its teaching. This book offers a balanced and comprehensive overview of the subject, covering issues such as safe practice in PE, inclusion, subject leadership and cross-curricular approaches supported by an accessible theory-informed approach.
This second edition includes:
* Links to the new National Curriculum in England
* Each chapter mapped against the Teachers' Standards
* A new chapter on physical literacy and development in the early years and primary ages
* A new chapter on health-focused education and the contribution of PE
* Added case studies in every chapter
* Enhanced coverage of assessment in PE
This book includes a companion website with additional resources!