Now fully updated in its fourth edition, Science Learning, Science Teaching offers an accessible, practical guide to creative classroom teaching and a comprehensive introduction to contemporary issues in science education. Aiming to encourage and assist professionals with the process of reflection in the science classroom, the new edition re-examines the latest advances in the field and changes to the curriculum, and explores the use of mobile technology and coding, and its impact on ICT in science education.
With extra tasks integrated throughout the book and a brand new chapter, `Working scientifically', to help develop learners' investigative skills, key topics include:
* The art and craft of science teaching.
* The science curriculum and science in the curriculum.
* Planning and managing learning.
* Inclusive science education.
* Laboratory safety in science learning and teaching.
* Language and numeracy in science teaching and learning.
* Computers and computing in science education.
* Citizenship and sustainability in science education.
Including points for reflection and useful information about further reading and recommended websites, Science Learning, Science Teaching is an essential source of support, guidance and inspiration for all students, teachers, mentors and those involved in science education wishing to reflect upon, improve and enrich their practice.