The Oxford Specialist Handbook in Paediatric Anaesthesia returns for a new edition with updated practical management advice, and detailed perioperative plans for a wide selection of basic and advanced paediatric procedures.
Invaluable to trainees and consultants alike, this go-to guide details current techniques in a concise and rapid manner, describing how to approach each case. It covers everything from pharmacology, preoperative assessment, and the basic principles of anaesthetic care, to advanced vascular access, pain management, and neonatal surgery. With additional speciality chapters containing both elective and emergency cases, it is the ideal companion to all aspects of paediatric anaesthesia.
* Features up-to-date information on fasting guidelines, pregnancy testing and thromboprophylaxis
* Covers patient care from pre-operative assessment to post-operative care.
* Contains detailed chapters on advanced airway management, advanced vascular access, and regional anaesthesia.
* Includes easy-to-follow perioperative plans for all the common elective and emergency procedures.
* New section on resuscitation, transfers, and emergencies.