Mastering Primary Physical Education introduces the primary physical education curriculum and helps trainees and teachers learn how to plan and teach inspiring lessons that make physical education irresistible.
Topics covered include:
* Current developments in physical education
* Physical education as an irresistible activity
* Physical education as a practical activity
* Skills to develop in physical education
* Promoting curiosity
* Assessing children in physical education
* Practical issues
This guide includes examples of children's work, case studies, readings to reflect upon and reflective questions that all help to exemplify what is considered to be best and most innovative practice. The book draws on the experience of four leading professionals in primary physical education, Kristy Howells, Alison Carney, Neil Castle and Rich Little, to provide the essential guide to teaching physical education for all trainee primary teachers.