Mastering Primary Design and Technology introduces the primary design and technology curriculum and helps trainees and teachers learn how to plan and teach inspiring lessons that make design and technology learning irresistible.
Topics covered include:
* Current developments in design and technology
* Design and technology as an irresistible activity
* Design and technology as a practical activity
* Skills to develop in design and technology
* Promoting curiosity
* Assessing children in design and technology
* Practical issues
This guide includes examples of children's work, case studies, readings to reflect upon and reflective questions that all help to exemplify what is considered to be best and most innovative practice. The book draws on the experience of a leading professional in primary design and technology, Gill Hope, to provide the essential guide to teaching design and technology for all trainee and qualified primary teachers.