Communication Skills is an accessible textbook for nursing and healthcare students seeking to understand the concept of communication and to develop their communication skills.
Through clear explanations, case studies and activities, the book will help you to understand the principles of communication and develop your own skills for your healthcare practice. You will learn:
* Why communication is fundamental to nursing and health care
* How to communicate in assessing, planning, providing and managing care
* How to communicate in promoting health and in therapeutic interventions
* How to communicate in difficult situations
* How to communicate with a diverse range of people
* How communication is used to improve patient safety
This book will help you to demonstrate your communications skills and develop your proficiency in nursing and health care.
Essentials is a series of accessible, introductory textbooks for students in nursing, health and social care. New and forthcoming titles in the series:
* Study Skills
* The Care Process
* Research and Evidence-based Practice