The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.In CliffsNotes on The Sound and the Fury, you explore what is considered to be one of William Faulkner's greatest novels. The Sound and the Fury tells the story of the decline of the once-aristocratic Compson family of YoknapatawphaCounty, in northern Mississippi, as told in stream of consciousness by three brothers Benjamin, Quentin, and Jason.Summaries and commentaries guide you through each section of the novel, and critical essays help you understand the origin of the book's title, the structure of the book, and Faulkner's stream of consciousness style of writing. Other features that help you study include
- A section on the life and background of William Faulkner
- A special guide to the Benjy section the most difficult section of the novel
- Analyses of the major characters
- An additional critical essay on meaning through motif in the novel
- Review questions and essay topics
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides."